Dev cycle

Add your ideas/suggestions for Blockscape

Re: Dev cycle

Postby CoolGamer » Thu May 03, 2012 2:32 pm

fsteff wrote:Another possibility to get faster development would be to support people, that want make mods...
for example a sript(e.g lua) binding would make it easy to make mods
I´m sure, there are many people, who want to help the developers, possibly by making useful mods
I´m one of them^^

IMO… BOOM idea! Since they are only 2 now, they physically can't do so much. But if they were smart enough, they'd add modding possiblility. Fans would do everything for themselves, and they'd only have to pick best mods to implement into the game. The development would be swift then.
CoolGamer

Postby fsteff » Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 pm

That´s what I mean... they have only to make it easier... e.g. I don´t want to decompile the game for making mods... there must be an easier way
Hobby game-dev at www.skellods.de
fsteff

Postby ZeroDante_mL » Thu May 03, 2012 2:46 pm

CoolGamer wrote:
fsteff wrote:Another possibility to get faster development would be to support people, that want make mods...
for example a sript(e.g lua) binding would make it easy to make mods
I´m sure, there are many people, who want to help the developers, possibly by making useful mods
I´m one of them^^

IMO… BOOM idea! Since they are only 2 now, they physically can't do so much. But if they were smart enough, they'd add modding possiblility. Fans would do everything for themselves, and they'd only have to pick best mods to implement into the game. The development would be swift then.

That's lazy, that damages their integrity, that lowers the value of a game, that diminishes the artists vision, and so on. Mods yes, but not now, not when there is no game yet. The game is in a blank state, and during the development it will go to a certain direction, that is when it is the best to add modding capabilities. It won't damage the developers integrity of a game and it will appeal to more people. Now, let them make the game, even if it's slow, modding right now has a potential of messing up the game and the community.
ZeroDante_mL

Postby Zanktus » Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Just because I integrate my creativity to their creativity it doesn't mean to destroy their work. You could see this in the development of Minecraft very well. Even in early Alpha/Beta stages were some sorts of plugins and mods which helped the whole community. I remember very well anti-griefing mods and stuff to change the world faster and more confortable without harming the actual game itself.
In my opinion the early access to mods could be a great influence of making this game bigger and better.
http://www.forum.blockscape.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36 NARF
Zanktus

Postby TheBang » Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 pm

I think like Zanktus.
The mods will not be in the official version, so nothing gets destroyed.

Look minecraft and pistons, i know it was a late phase but anyways.
They made a real block in the official version out of a mod.

//edit: btw, for what else is the "Modding" section?^^

greets, TheBang.
TheBang

Postby CoolGamer » Thu May 03, 2012 3:34 pm

I think the thing they need to do RIGHT NOW is modding support. That then gives a good boost to the dev cycle. Meanwhile, waiting for good mods to appear, they could fix some bugs – there are atually tons of bugs already stated on the forums.
CoolGamer

Postby ZeroDante_mL » Thu May 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Zanktus wrote:Just because I integrate my creativity to their creativity it doesn't mean to destroy their work. You could see this in the development of Minecraft very well. Even in early Alpha/Beta stages were some sorts of plugins and mods which helped the whole community. I remember very well anti-griefing mods and stuff to change the world faster and more confortable without harming the actual game itself.
In my opinion the early access to mods could be a great influence of making this game bigger and better.

I was referring to this
CoolGamer wrote:and they'd only have to pick best mods to implement into the game.

Other than that, yes, when the game itself is established a bit, modding is pretty much required.
ZeroDante_mL

Postby Zanktus » Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 pm

I see then I misunderstood, anyways hope to see some good stuff later on!
http://www.forum.blockscape.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36 NARF
Zanktus

Postby CoolGamer » Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 am

ZeroDante_mL wrote:I was referring to this
CoolGamer wrote:and they'd only have to pick best mods to implement into the game.

I'm sorry, I think I've commented too sharply on the topic. They SHOULD do something, especially now, BUT they should also allow modders to think under real, easily implementable via modding system, suggestions. The development will speed up. Did Bukkit team or Spout do something on themselves? Yeah, but there are huge amounts of mods for both them, and Spout has implemented many of them: RandomMobs, Connected Textures, Optifine, Permissions, and so on. To develop fast, Blockscape should follow their path. When they have themselves and only ten modders, they together make 6x times more work! 'Cause for now, I really have to complain on the speed.
CoolGamer

Postby blockscape » Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

There will be a set of different APIs to modify how the game works. The first API to be released is the world generation plugin API. It will make it possible for programmers to generate any world they want.
blockscape
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions