Server Console

Add your ideas/suggestions for Blockscape

Server Console

Postby NotYetRated » Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm

It would be nice to be able to host a server without having the game actually launched....

I want to begin experimenting with performance and such, but don't want a game actually launched on my server machine.
NotYetRated

Re: Server Console

Postby CoolGamer » Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

I agree, if we want real servers, we want client and server logic to be completely separated.

But there should be still a possibility for people who don't want to mess up with those difficulties to make a request to the preinstalled local server and create a new map with settings made in client GUI.

Simply IMHO, maybe a weird idea
Last edited by CoolGamer on Sat May 12, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoolGamer

Postby NotYetRated » Sat May 12, 2012 8:29 pm

I agree, completelyseparate server/client logic is necessary.

Currently, I cannot even host a Blockscape server on my main server machine, because I have no graphics card on my server. It is a headless system.

Multiplayer is the key aspect in this game that I look forward to, hopefully the dev takes note of this request in the near future :) In addition to a plugin API system hehe.
NotYetRated

Postby blockscape » Sat May 12, 2012 9:01 pm

I hear you. The current implementation is enough if you want to play together with your friends. More options and a standalone server is on its way. The plugin API will probably be released first though.
blockscape
Site Admin

Postby CoolGamer » Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 pm

blockscape wrote:The plugin API will probably be released first though.

Ohhh my precious :!: :!:
In one of next updates?
*falls fainted*
CoolGamer

Postby NotYetRated » Sun May 13, 2012 12:41 am

blockscape wrote:I hear you. The current implementation is enough if you want to play together with your friends. More options and a standalone server is on its way. The plugin API will probably be released first though.

Plugin API before server work sounds like a good priority list, as the sooner modders have to begin tinkering the better!

Awesome work so far man, I am rooting for this game. Also, thanks for responding to the inquiry! I would say ignore the duplicate I just left on the multiplayer thread haha.
NotYetRated

Postby exotenks » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Has there been any progress made on a deadicated server front yet? Very interested to see this :geek:
exotenks

Postby woox2k » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:51 pm

No official news but we could hope one when Survival comes out and BS will have tons of new users waiting for a server :) (It is confirmed that dedicated server will come eventually and onto multiple platforms)
I have multiple boxes waiting for a BS serv for linux, so i could start hosting right away :D
BlockScape IRC chatroom: http://tinyurl.com/cv8yeml
woox2k

Return to Suggestions